Benefits of Natural Shea Butter Soap
Shea Butter itself is a fat extracted from the nut of Shea tree. This fat is obtained from African tree and is an edible in Africa. This oil is also used as lotion or natural soap in cosmetics because of its moisturizing properties.
How Africans in Particular are benefitting from Shea Butter?
Since Shea Butter comes from Africa, we must see how our African brethren are using this gift of nature. Africans are aware of Shea Butter and its extracts more than residents of any other region. It has been quite some time and they have been using this natural fat in various things. Some of them are listed below:
- They use it in cosmetics.
- They use it in natural wholesale soap making.
- They use it for hair dressing.
- They use it for waterproofing wax.
- They use it in candle-making.
- They use it in medicinal ointments.
Due to so many benefits, people from other areas of the world are now developing interest in properties of Shea butter and are accepting it more as each day pass.
Shea Butter in Soap Making
Shea Butter stands out in skin care. It provides innumerable benefits to skin. Soaps and moisturizers are made from Shea Butter for these very reasons. I am listing only some of important reasons though more can be found over the internet.
- Shea Butter moisturizes pores without clogging them.
- It’s natural, so no side effects or harsh reactions on babies and on those with sensitive skin.
- Provides natural protection from UV radiation.
- Resists eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Gradually fade the scars away.
- Soothes burns.
- Resists wrinkles.
- Includes Vitamin A which helps rebuild the cells.
- Includes Vitamin E which is an antioxidant.
- No oily residue over the skin after absorption.
All these reasons and more make Shea Butter a perfect ingredient in handmade natural soap.